Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Contacts Review: Ambition Aqua

Hello!

Here is a review on the contacts I used for my Storm(X-Men) cosplay. I have really dark eyes, so finding blue contacts that show up can be difficult.  Colored contacts are great, but they also add about $30-$40 to the cost of my costumes, so when choosing them I have to be very careful that the first pair I order will work.  My search process usually involves a lot of googling, review reading and finding as many pictures as possible of potential products.  With this pair however, I took a risk because I couldn't find many reviews about them.  Luckily it worked out!

These are Ambition Aqua lenses from Color My Eyes.  I ordered these because they looked very opaque which meant I was sure they'd show up.  I knew they wouldn't look natural, but honestly I'm not sure any kind of blue contacts are going to look natural on me.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of my natural eye color vs. the Ambition Aqua lenses.



These are great because they last about three months if you're not wearing them everyday(I tossed them after one). They show up in any kind of lighting: indoors, outdoors, dim and bright. It doesn't matter where you are, they're going to show up.  As you can see they are very dramatic, perfect for cosplay.  They aren't very natural up close(again, nothing blue on me is probably going to be anyway), but at least they are visible from faraway and you can definitely see that I am wearing them.

Overall the lenses were fairly comfortable, they did dry my eyes out more than my FreshLook colors in Violet, which I use for my Raven(Teen Titans) cosplay, but eye drops every couple hours pretty much solved that problem.  I can wear them for about six hours before I need to take them out. These are a little thicker than the FreshLook's which made them easier for me to put in, but the FreshLook lenses were more comfortable.


Before I end this post, I'll leave you with a friendly reminder that anytime you are ordering contacts you really should go see an eye doctor to get your proper prescription and make sure you can wear them.  I have really good vision and I knew I'd be buying plano lenses before going to the doctor, but I also found out I have an astigmatism.  I wouldn't have known if I hadn't gotten my eyes checked and it may have been a problem.  Just because you can see fine doesn't mean that your eyes are perfect or that you can without a doubt wear contacts.  Please go get your eyes checked first.  I know it can be expensive, but it'll be more expensive in the long run if something goes wrong than it will to just get your eyes checked first.  Plus if anything does happen or you get an eye infection you have somewhere to go for help and support.

That's all for today, see you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment